A digital marketing strategy is essential as any other marketing plan, and is supposed to be part of the broader marketing plan.
Shockingly, many organisations are doing digital marketing, but they don’t have a digital marketing strategy. The reality is that digital channels are still relatively new and fast-changing, so many businesses haven’t responded adequately, placing themselves at risk.
Digital marketing can deliver lasting results. But even experienced marketers can feel overwhelmed with the idea of creating an effective plan. That’s why we created a service to get you started on a clear path to success: Our digital marketing strategy is your custom-made, strategic digital marketing plan to help you meet and exceed your marketing goals.
A digital marketing strategy hits all the bases to meet your goals: whether that is lead generation, contact management and lead nurturing, industry leadership, or a high-converting website. We’ll analyze your existing digital marketing funnel and identify where it needs attention, then craft a strategic plan.
A digital marketing strategy is essential to leverage the full potential that the digital space offers. Without it, businesses run the risk of wasting valuable time and resources on tactics that are inefficient, poorly optimised, or simply don’t meet business goals.
AN AGILE, STRATEGIC APPROACH TO DIGITAL MARKETING
Your business needs an agile digital marketing approach to improve. Our online marketing strategy adopts the tested RACE planning framework that is divided into 25 key optimisation activities. We believe that businesses need to first define a separate digital marketing strategy to quantify the case for investment in digital marketing.
We look to create a detailed digital marketing plan that defines the digital channel strategy for each major market/proposition to provide focus and direction for the future. This ensures that your digital strategy is well integrated with all marketing and communications, and aligns with your business objectives.
PLAN : CREATE A DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
We start with these key activities to define your digital opportunity through marketplace analysis:
- Review digital marketing capabilities
- Configure web analytics to ensure that efforts are measurable
- Summarize customer insight into customer personas and customer journey maps
- Audit brand and benchmark competitors
- Review opportunities for influencer outreach, co-marketing and intermediaries
- Define SMART objectives to quantify opportunity
REACH : GROW YOUR AUDIENCE ONLINE
Reach involves building awareness of your brand, products and services using digital channels and offline media to build traffic to your web assets, like your main site, microsites, app or social media pages. Maximise reach using continuous inbound communications and planned campaigns, and create multiple interactions using different paid, owned and earned media touchpoints.
Define your online audience potential:
- Set realistic targets for building traffic, awareness and social media followers
- Define KPI dashboards to review effectiveness of current digital marketing efforts in analytics
- Review current use of digital media and identify opportunities to improve
- Set VQVC (volume, quality, value, cost) objectives using conversion budget models
ACT : ENCOURAGE BRAND INTERACTIONS AND LEADS
Act is short for interact. It’s a separate stage from conversion since encouraging interactions on websites and on social media to generate leads is a big challenge for online marketers. It’s about persuading site visitors or prospects to take the next step or action when they reach your site or social profile.
Identify the best options to increase lead conversion:
- Review customer journeys for desktop-mobile visits using analytics and feedback tools
- Review social media and mobile marketing platform engagement
- Define goals, events and dashboards for measuring customer interactions
CONVERT : INCREASE SALES THROUGH CRO
This is the conversion from lead to sale. It involves getting your audience to take that vital next step which turns them into paying customers whether the payment is taken through online Ecommerce transactions, or offline channels.
Review focus to increase conversion to sale:
- Create and review site conversion funnels and paths to purchase (online and offline) and quantify targets for incremental revenue
- Review multichannel (omni-channel) interactions to increase revenue per visit
- Review analytics and customer feedback
ENGAGE : BUILD CUSTOMER LOYALTY AND ADVOCACY
Long-term engagement involves developing a relationship with first-time buyers to build customer loyalty. We encourage repeat purchases using communications on your site, social presence, email and direct interaction. We’re also looking to build advocacy or recommendations through ‘word-of-mouth’.
Review opportunities to increase customer activity levels:
- Review customer loyalty using RFM analysis for interactions and sales. Quantify incremental revenue potential
- Review customer satisfaction drivers
- Review effectiveness of customer communications